Re: [Amps] RE : DIN stands for....?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] RE : DIN stands for....?
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 17:28:31 +0000
Steve Thompson wrote:

>Bill Turner wrote:

The Yaesu band data and PTT plug that Jos needs is the same 8-pin
'horseshoe' pattern as the transverter socket on the TS-830. Yaesu use
several other DIN types as well. Icom rigs use the 'circular' 8-pin and
also the 7-pin.

Just found some drawings at:
http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/28018.pdf

There is a dealer in the USA that everyone goes to for '8-pin
horseshoes', and a few years ago someone made a bulk buy from another US
source... so they are available.

In the UK, Maplin used to stock both kinds of 8-pin plug, but neither
one in the online catalogue now. The other usual UK sources have never
stocked that one... and from a quick glance they still don't. Looks like
it really is becoming hard to find   :-(

However, Yaesu dealers everywhere ought to stock them - customers ask
for them often enough.

The common DIN connectors should also be available on ready-made leads
from hi-fi or electronics dealers.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK