Re: [Amps] Proof of idiocy

To: wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Amps] Proof of idiocy
From: HAROLD B MANDEL <ka1xo@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 17:18:18 -0500
Yes.

Just from knowing how difficult it was to repair a Jennings
vacuum variable thread defect and knowing the parts were
proprietary from Jennings I never bothered to try and guage
the pitch.

 That's why I carefully disassemble all my vacuum cap thread
collars and clean the threaded portions with solvent and
then grease them with Cindol, especially at the thrust bearing surfaces.

A bunged vacuum variable in an Alpha 77Sx is not a happy
repair.

Hal
W4HBM