Re: [Amps] HV switching power supplys?

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV switching power supplys?
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:27:19 -0500
What you have to watch is by increasing the amount of parts in a power supply,
the odds go up dramatically that it will fail sooner over time. The more parts,
the more things that can fail and cause a problem. Though switching power
supplies work, there's probably 5 times the number of parts that are in a
simple transformer type full-wave bridge supply.

Best,

Will