Re: [Amps] HV switching power supplys?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] HV switching power supplys?
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Mar 2006 14:21:20 -0600
We took an Ameritron ALS600S with us to Malta for the SSB contest this month
(9H3DX).  The power limit for 9H is 400 watts so this amp was perfect.  The
whole thing with cables and 100' RG8X coax was packed in a hard shell case
and weighed just under 50 pounds.  We made quite a few contacts on 80 using
a Force 12 Sigma 80 vertical.  Without the amp it is doubtful we would have
made more than a handful of Q's.

73, Keith NM5G/9H3KD
9H3DX Team Malta (http://www.tdxs.net/)