Re: [Amps] Replacement Cap Mounting Board Henry 2k-Classic Console

To: rich@n7tr.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Replacement Cap Mounting Board Henry 2k-Classic Console
From: HOWARDLYON@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:15:48 EDT

In a message dated 04/02/06 19:29:36 Eastern Standard Time, rich@n7tr.com
writes:

So  here is the question....This looks like Phenolic type basalite  board
(Brown).  Anyone used something newer or recommend what I can  use to
replace the stock board with?  I have a drill press, so no  issues
re-drilling a new board.   Or if there are boards already  built for 8
Screw-in Caps....better  yet.

Thanks...

Rich

Rich N7TR

ex  KI3V, N3AMK, WB3JOV

www.n7tr.com

Hi Rich

Nice call.....  ;-))

I just did a board for my NCL2000.  I used some 3/16 XX black bakelite  that
I used to provide to Antique Radio Supply in Tempe AZ.

I used the prong-type 105*C radial cans; in series/parallel.  I  drilled and
chamfered the holes, then installed 1/4" grommets, and peened them  in place
with a nail set.  [The only way I could configure them to fit in  the doubler
housing in the rig.]

The caps click in.  The shunts wedge nicely.  Solder gives you a  very nice
seal and fill.

Got some extra if ya need it.  Lemme know if ya need a pix.

Unca Billy
N3TR
_n3tr@arrl.net_ (mailto:n3tr@arrl.net)