Re: [Amps] New Elecraft Amps

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New Elecraft Amps
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 12:09:27 -0400
Peter,

They never did do that as far as I know as I've been waiting myself. That's the
very reason you can't sell kits now. They do require testing for harmonics to
be under so many db's to reduce interference, so I don't know if type accepting
will ever go away. The strange thing is they want this test, but allow any ham
to build one amp per year, and some don't have the means to do this test! To be
very honest about it, I think this administration has a lot to do with it by
who they pick to run the FCC. They're more concerned about someone saying a
dirty word on TV than the needs of the amateur community. Too many hands in
there from the "moral majority".

Best,

Will