Re: [Amps] Henry 8K

Subject: Re: [Amps] Henry 8K
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 11:08:15 -0400
A ten element yagi for 160 at 1 wave high  is quite a challenge.  A four
square, or as a few have done, a 9 square vertical is a much better
antenna for 160 than most any yagi one could put up.  Compare that  to
most of us with inverted L's or shunt fed towers over less than perfect
ground. We are pipsqueaks most of the time compared to these monsters.
It is a good thing that propagation does not ALWAYS favor the big gun.
Life just is not fair!  73 bob de w9ge