Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED

To: <Gudguyham@aol.com>, <r@somis.org>, <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] R. MEASURES PRAYERS ANSWERED
From: "k7fm" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 20:18:04 -0700
"I have had dozens of Sb-220 amps in my almost 40 years as a ham.  Most  of
the parasitic suppressors I have changed had their carbon resistors change
value enough to make them not as effective as suppressors should be.  Most
of the
time a change of resistors will tame a quirky Sb-220."

Let us follow this statement with basic logic.

1.  The SB-220 becomes unstable when the carbon resistor changes value.
2.  When that happens, ham A changes out the parasitic suppressor by
installing Rich's nichrome suppressor kit, which just happens to include an
excellent and stable replacement resistor for the aged carbon resistor.
3.  Ham A installs the kit, complete with the new and stable replacement
resistor.
4.  The SB-220 is stable again.
5.  Grateful ham A exclaims to the world that it is Rich's marvelous
suppressor fixed the problem.

It seems the poor resistor has been neglected and is not receiving the
credit it deserves.

I am not trying to discredit Rich's research or opinions.  I just want to
give a little more credit to the resistor.  It seems under appreciated in
this whole affair.

Colin  K7FM