Re: [Amps] Ideal bandswitch brand for 3 kW out am?

To: Frank Goenninger <frgo@mac.com>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Ideal bandswitch brand for 3 kW out am?
From: Peter Chadwick <g3rzp@g3rzp.wanadoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:25:21 +0200 (CEST)
Frank asked:
>wonder what you guys consider the ideal switch (brand, manufacturer)  for said
>amp ?<
The 1p 6 way switch from a WW2 tuning unit (TU5B, TU6, TU7 etc) for the
BC191/375 transmitter. Last time I looked, $3 or so from Fair Radio Sales.
6 ways - 160, 80, 40, 30 and 20, 17 and 15, 12 and 10.
It isn't a shorting switch, which some may consider a problem: it isn't easily
gangable to make 2 w 6p (although that can be done) but it's cheap and got
plenty of insulation and current carrying capacity. Since the contacts are
tinned copper, they can even be readily replaced if necessary.

73
Peter G3RZP