[Amps] Again

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Again
From: "Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)" <w5uc@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2006 06:30:57 -0500
There clearly are individuals on this reflector who are more knowledgeable than
me, so I will ask this question again, but in a differently worded form.  How
does the impedance of the PA tank affect the over-all efficiency of the
amplifier? W8JI said yesterday that a tank whose impedance is, say 2100 ohms,
and connected to a Pa with a calculated load impedance of 1333 ohms would
produce a very efficient PA but it would have poor linearity.  BUT, what
happens to efficiency if the tank impedance matches the load impedance?
Again, how does the impedance of the PA tank affect the over-all efficiency of
the amplifier?  Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks & 73,
Mike, W5UC

http://members.cox.net/w5uc