Re: [Amps] AMPS

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] AMPS
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 23:50:16 +0100
R L Measures wrote:

>On Jul 20, 2006, at 4:42 AM, Harold Mandel wrote:
>
>> The GM3SEK and WD7S Triode and Tetrode Controller boards,
>> when suitably integrated, when properly adjusted, serve to
>> protect tubes and power supplies in a much faster time frame
>> than fuses.
>
>Hal --- Does the GM3SEK / WD7S Triode Controller board for an 8877
>use a grid protect transistor rated at >50A?

Despite requests in the past, you have never provided a specific example
of a  circuit that needs a "grid protect transistor rated at >50A".

The schematic of my grid-protection circuit is in the Triode Board user
manual which is downloadable from the website. The only transistor in
this circuit is a 2N2222 that senses a small fraction of the grid
current, and can handle even extreme fault conditions.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK         'In Practice' columnist for RadCom (RSGB)
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek