Re: [Amps] grid fuses

To: <craxd1@verizon.net>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] grid fuses
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 21:57:01 -0400
> The problem is, you stated all this can occur after the
> fuse or resistor opens. It can not, only before it does.

So the grid instantly cools, all leakage currents or arcs to
the anode vanish, and the grid remains at zero volts at the
instant of grid opening.

Is that what you are proposing?.

> "Now when the tube faults and if the resitor opens, the
> grid can rise to full anode voltage"
>
> If the grid doesn't make a connection to anything, it
> can't conduct and hurt one thing, it's just there in
> space.

Never mind, I probably did a poor job of explaining
something very simple and we will have to agree to disagree.
Repeating it five more times won't make any difference to
anyone. People either get it, or they don't.

73 Tom