Re: [Amps] The maximum amount of 811As and 572Bs in parallel

To: Hsu <Jbenson@sohu.co>, "Hsu" <Jbenson@sohu.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The maximum amount of 811As and 572Bs in parallel
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 06:57:49 -0700
On Jul 23, 2006, at 4:05 AM, Hsu wrote:

> Hi,
>    I have seen some schematic diagram of amplifier, I found that
> the amount of 811As and 572Bs no more than four, Coud someone can
> tell me how much  maximum amount of the tubes in parallel?

Tektronix used to use c. 10 tubes in their O'scopes' deflection plate
amplifiers.  The story about paralleling more tubes having too much C
is a large pooper scooper of taurine feces because if the # of tubes
is doubled, twice as much C in needed to keep the operating Q in the
desired 10 - 15 range. If I had 300W of drive, I would not hesitate
to build an amplifier with 10, 572Bs or 811As.
cheers, Hsu

>   Thanks!
>         73! Hsu

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734