Re: [Amps] The maximum amount of 811As and 572Bs in parallel

To: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Amps] The maximum amount of 811As and 572Bs in parallel
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 07:00:36 -0700
On Jul 23, 2006, at 11:40 PM, Steve Thompson wrote:

> R L Measures wrote:
>
>>    However, as to the statement that six tubes is well beyond the
>> limit, there have been many successful amplifiers built for 11m that
>> used 5 or more tubes.  Also, Tektronix oscilloscopes used a 10 tube
>> "distributed" amplifier to drive deflection plates.
> Yes, but do you get the same useful output power from a distributed
> amplifier unless you have two antennas to feed? Doesn't half the
> output
> go into a terminating resistor?

Good point, Steve.  I am not suggesting that a distributed amplifier
be used for HF transmitting, I'm saying that paralleling tubes is
possible but that additional effort must be made to reduce VHF gain
due to the increase in feedback C with multi-tubes over a large
single tube.

> Steve

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r@somis.org