Re: [Amps] grid resonance

To: "carl s." <carlseye@tampabay.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] grid resonance
From: R L Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 07:15:17 -0700
On Aug 2, 2006, at 4:14 PM, carl s. wrote:

>    How would one go about checking the resonant frequency of the grid
> ckt of a tube such as the 572B or the 811A or any similar tube for
> that
> matter ???

Couple a dipmeter to the grid's grounding conductor, the same way one
measures the resonant frequency of a 1/4 wave vertical antenna.**
   Below the resonance freq. of the grid, it is difficult to make a g-
g stage oscillate because the grid acts as a shield between the input
and the output. However, above the grid's resonant frequency, it's a
whole nuther ballgame.

** a 3-500Z grid resonates c. 88MHz.

>     something I never thought about before !!! I just built the
> amps and
> they worked or didn't work.!!!
>      carl / kz5ca     ( maybe I can still learn something (at my
> age?) )

R L MEASURES, AG6K. 805-386-3734
r@somis.org