[Amps] Reply Etiquette ...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Reply Etiquette ...
From: "Administrator" <amps@myrealbox.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 01:30:09 -0400

Phil Clements writes:

> One of my pet peeves is getting a post that is full of prior
> comments with attribution marks, but with no new comments from
> the last sender. It's just an edited recap of what several guys
> said in earlier posts to a thread.

I agree entirely with Phil on this.  It is totally unnecessary
and impolite to respond to a posting by repeating that posting
and two or three previous postings while only adding a one line
comment that does nothing but insult the original writer.

If anyone chooses to reply to a message, quote only one or two
sentences that capture the thought to which you are replying
and get rid of the rest of the message.  Do not bother to reply
with the same old arguments that have been repeated for nearly
10 years on this list and for several years before that on
rec.radio.amateur.homebrew.

Lest anyone doubt ... the archives of the Amps list going back
to January 1997 and are available at:
http://lists.contesting.com/pipermail/amps/ or:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Amps/

73,