Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...
From: "ad5gb" <ad5gb@myway.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:03:59 -0400 (EDT)
If the "Reply To:" mail header value were populated with the list's email
address rather than that of the sender, then clicking the "Reply"
button(should) send a reply message to the list only.  Reply All would of
coursestill send a message to the entire list of recipients in the header
naturally.

--Randall D. DuCharme (Radio AD5GB)Powered by
Solaris!http://www.opensolaris.org --- On Wed 08/09, Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH)
< w5uc@cox.net > wrote:From: Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH) [mailto:
w5uc@cox.net]To: amps@contesting.comDate: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:47:50
-0500Subject: Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...Steve, I just went
to the Yahoo Preferences page and found no such setting. I believe that is a
function of the way the reflector sends the messages out.  This is not likely
to change as it is probably engrained in the entire Yahoo Culture.  Unless the
moderator has the power to change this, I doubt that anything will
happen.73,Mike, W5UChttp://members.cox.net/w5uc----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>To: <amps@contesting.com>Sent:
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 9:23 AMSubject: Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this
List ...GGLL wrote:> Ian White GM3SEK escribió:>>>>Agreed.>>>>A large chunk of
this problem is the creeping habit of sending
an>>individual 'courtesy' copy of a reply that is also being posted to
the>>list. Many kinds of e-mail software do this by default
(unfortunately,>>some would say) and they pick up the originator's address from
the>>message header.>>>>Many people (myself included) do not feel the need for
that extra copy>>at all. We're going to read your message on the list anyhow,
and having>>two copies in the system only invites confusion. You could say it
is>>more courteous *not* to send an extra copy.>>>>> I agree, one has to send
only one copy. And also disagree with the "open> full" access to the forum's
messages including addresses, by anyone who do > a> simple search as Tony
said.> I don't know why, but in this regard I'm lucky. Although I see the amps>
reflector address among mine's in the recipients list, I always receive > one>
message, not two.I'm sure there's a setting in the preferences when you
register thatremoves the multiple copies if someone sends to the list and to
theindividual.Steve_______________________________________________Amps mailing