Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Spam from Members of this List ...
From: "Phil Clements" <philc@texascellnet.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 09:10:51 -0500

> A large chunk of this problem is the creeping habit of sending an
> individual 'courtesy' copy of a reply that is also being posted to the
> list. Many kinds of e-mail software do this by default (unfortunately,
> some would say) and they pick up the originator's address from the
> message header.

Part of the problem is that when you hit the "reply" button, it gives you
the address of the sender, not the reflector. To reply to the reflector
only, I have to hit the "reply to all" button, and then delete the other
individual address included. It was a long time before it dawned on me years
ago that I was sending dupe mail to the sender and amps unintentionally.
Many folks still hit the "reply to all" button in haste when they only want
to reply to the reflector.

> Many people (myself included) do not feel the need for that extra copy
> at all. We're going to read your message on the list anyhow, and having
> two copies in the system only invites confusion. You could say it is
> more courteous *not* to send an extra copy.

Amen! Too bad ISP's are not equipped like my TIVO so that dupes are dumped.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC