Re: [Amps] crying abt spam

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] crying abt spam
From: "John Vickers" <wa4tt@nlamerica.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2006 13:47:09 -0400
From: "Tony King - W4ZT"
> I respectfully disagree with you about this. Most of those that
> participate in this list do so without an expectation of spammers
> harvesting their email addresses. Just because you participate in a list
> doesn't mean you should expect irresponsible handling of your information.

Hi Tony,
I commited an email sin when I sent that post and didn't change the subject
line like I had planed!
Comercial, political, and any other bulk spammers should be dealt with out
behind the barn. As should anyone targeting members of a list intentionly.
I'm sure we all agree on that. I've been using Eham since it was just a
trial and hadn't been open to the public.  I've never had a problem with
spam that wasn't cleared up very quickly by the adminstrators. The double
postings is what I was trying to address. Just borrowed part of your
post---didn't intend to direct it at you.

As users of the web, we have to expect the worse and plan accordingly. As
long as crooks walk the streets of our neighborhoods, they will certainly
lurk here where they cannot be seen. Anytime one can be eliminated I'm all
for it.
73, WA4TT