Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag

To: "Harold Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>, <AMPS@CONTESTING.COM>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag
From: "Mike Sawyer" <w3slk@uplink.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:41:22 -0400
Hal,
    You raise a good point which could be extrapolated like this: Parasitic
oscillation MAY be the cause for SOME grid-to-filament shorts. There has
been equal number of situations where the application of Rich's nichrome
wire suppressors eliminated the problem as well as not. I don't think there
is a person who subscribes to this list that can say with any certainty that
one case out weighs the other. Simply because we don't know all the forces
at work at that time.
     The one instance I used them, they worked fine and solved the issues,
(I didn't get them from Rich but bought the wire from another vendor). I
know of several other local hams that have used them and it cured the "tube
eating" amp. But, there are others here that claim that they didn't help one
iota. So its a wash.
    So far there hasn't been anything concrete offered up by anyone here to
convince me that it does nothing to/for the amp. Expert or not! Just my
opinion from my corner of the solar system, (which BTW Pluto is still a
planet in).
Mod-U-Lator,
Mike(y)
W3SLK