Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag

To: "'R L Measures'" <r@somis.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Parasitics & Filament Sag
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 10:55:45 -0400
Rich writes:

> > Your statements concerning the tests by N7WS are completely
> > inaccurate.  Your use of his graph without also reproducing
> > his extensive analysis of the results is completely dishonest
> > and distorts Wes Stewart's own conclusions.
>
> I used Wes' numbers and I let the reader draw their own
> conclusions.  I'm pretty sure that Wes' measurements are
> accurate because subsequent tests by another tester show
> a similar difference between a conventional parasitic suppressor
> and a low-Q parasitic suppressor.

You are presenting data out of context and misrepresenting Wes's
work.  That is intellectually dishonest and no different than
the journalist or prosecutor who asks, "well Mr. Measures, please
tell us when you stopped beating your wife."

> > Wes was clear,
> > there was no substantive difference between the nichrome and
> > conventional suppressors when the value of load resistor in
> > the conventional suppressor was reduced by about 35% to more
> > accurately reflect the true value of the load resistance in
> > the nichrome suppressor.
>
> Thanks for the laugh, Joe.  George Orwell* called this doublespeak.
> * Eric Arthur Blair. 1903-1950, author of "1984".

You should know all about doublespeak - you're the expert.

> > Like patent medicines made of alcohol and opiates that were
> > in such vogue before the pure food and drug act, your nichrome
> > suppressors may make their users feel good but they are not a
> > magic cure for the illness.
> >
> > That not one manufacturer of amateur amplifiers uses nichrome
> > suppressors -
>
> guffaw

As usual, when you lack an intelligent argument you make incoherent
noises.

> > even though the marginal cost is insignificant -
> > should be a very clear indication that the professionals
> > consider your "science" to be without merit and your arguments
> > to be completely lacking in integrity.
>
> If I'm wrong, alternating-current circuit analysis is also wrong.

AC circuit analysis also teaches there are an infinite number of
ways to create a resonant circuit and/or a two terminal network
within a black box.  As Wes Stewart's measurements show, your
"magic suppressors" can be duplicated by simply adjusting the
resistor value with conventional construction.

You are a charlatan and a fool ... you have perverted engineering
science to promote your own snake oil and take advantage of those
who do not have the background and ability to see through your
smoke, mirrors and hand waving.  Like any competent con man, your
"story" has just enough to be initially plausible.  However, like
the Nigerian e-mail scam, simple fact checking reveals the hoax.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV