Re: [Amps] [-] Re: Step Start on a 3KA Amp

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] [-] Re: Step Start on a 3KA Amp
From: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 21:29:49 +0100
Paul Playford wrote:

>> Bob Maser wrote:
>>
>>>Please remember that this thread started by me asking about a step
>>>start in a 30+ year old amplifier from Henry, the 3KA.  There are a
>>>lot of things that could have been done differently in this amp but
>>>it is a rock solid amp that will put out the legal limit and then
>>>some all day long.
>>  Could someone point us to a schematic, please? (BAMA doesn't have
>>it.)

>There is a manual on BAMA for the 3K.  Uses 3CX1200A7's.

Different animal. Bob kindly forwarded the schematics for the 3KA, which
uses two 3-500Zs.

There are indeed a lot of things that could have been done differently -
or rather, could be done differently now, in the light of 30 more years
of shared experience.

It's a matter of philosophical choice, whether to make those
improvements or to preserve a classic amp in its original condition.

--
73 from Ian GM3SEK