Re: [Amps] amplifier design

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] amplifier design
From: "Scott & Laura Goldensoph" <goldy98@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 12:02:50 -0500
First I want to thank everybody that is replying. Second, here is what I had in
mind. I would like to build a legal limit amp with 2 x GU-74B tetrodes. These
are cheap and seem to be easy to work with. I am a pipefitter by trade and I
have sheetmetal tools in my garage to accomadate the construction phase. The
comments that were said about why I want to build one in the first place, well
why do people go fishing? This was one of the main reasons I got into ham
radio. I take pride in the work it takes to make something work properly even
if it is very frustrating at times. Also I am trying to figure mostly
everything out on paper so I can try to eliminate any uneccesary parts buying.
73's de KC0THF/AG