Re: [Amps] Glued meters !

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Glued meters !
From: "Larry Carman" <lncarman@swbell.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 19:51:13 -0500

>> I've mounted relays to chassis using clear silicon calk.
>> [snip]
>
> So have I, as a matter of fact.  But the original comment
> was
> whether this kind of thing is acceptable on a
> *commercial*
> unit.

Just maybe that's what I'm trying to say, "It is acceptable in commercial
manufactured equipment". Glues have come a long ways from the old days. If
you bought a TV some years back it is possible there were components that
were glued to the circuit board/chassis. This probably takes place now more
than we know.
My statement of mounting relays & electrolytic using glue was perfectly
acceptable for this tread.
Regards,
Larry N5BIP