Re: [Amps] Glued meters !

To: "Peter Voelpel" <df3kv@t-online.de>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Glued meters !
From: "Mike Schatzberg" <cherokeehillfarm@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 21:00:47 -0400
Command Technologies uses silicon adhesive in several of their amps.  While
the metering boards are easily removed and replaced,  the meters above them
would require some additional time to replace, cleaning off the old silicon
adhesive,  although I never have had to replace one.   The meter lamps are
installed on the metering board beneath.

I don't really see the downside of silicon adhesive to mount the meters.  I
would like to see only high intensity LEDs used for lighting however, to
avoid the lamp replacement issue.

73,

Mike
W2AJI