Re: [Amps] Surge resistor

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Surge resistor
From: "Rick Stealey" <rstealey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:02:56 +0000
Thanks for all the great responses to my question about glich resistors.
I had no idea there was so much info available for such a simple question.
Especially Tom, W8JI, you pointed out something I had not
taken into account - the energy stored in the filter caps can be dumped all
at once into the amp and this could be hundreds of amps.  I had been
thinking in terms of steady state currrent from the power supply.
Also I did not take into consideration the 50 ohm resistor could do its job
without
exploding.
Thanks again to each who responded.  I am off to download the Eimac notes on
the
subject to complete my education.

Rick  K2XT