Re: [Amps] Tank Coil spacing

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tank Coil spacing
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:02:17 +0100
> With 10.5pF on an 8877 for instance a pair of them and 21pF is almost the
> necessary 35pF or so to resonate.  That makes a bread slicer not be able to
> get the job done and vacuum pretty close to the minimum also.
Something I found with external anode valves (4CX250 - 8877 sizes) is
that the actual capacitance from anode to ground when they're mounted in
a chassis, not close up against side panels, is roughly double the Ca
value in the data sheets. The data sheet value is measured in very
isolated conditions.

Steve