Re: [Amps] Tank Coil spacing

To: Ian White GM3SEK <gm3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Tank Coil spacing
From: Colin Lamb <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 09:18:25 -0800 (GMT-08:00)
Hi Ian:

Boy, you and Tom like to complicate things.  It should be easy to just read a
bit, come close to an existing design, blindly substituting parts on hand, and
have a "perfect" amplifier.

But, now with this information, you are requiring us to actually learn about
all this and think for ourselves.

Life was much simpler when I could get on the air by simply hooking up a piece
of wire to my ARC-5 and turning the rotary inductor and link for maximum
brightness of the pilot light connected across the feedline.  The chirp was
just one of those qualities that gave me a distinctive signal.

73,  Colin  K7FM