Re: [Amps] Jennings and Kilovac vacuum relays for sale

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Jennings and Kilovac vacuum relays for sale
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2007 18:57:03 -0500
I'd be a little concerned since the Gigavac GH1 appears to be
rated for MUCH less RF current based on my reading of their
web page compared to the equivalent Kilovac and Jennings units.

http://www.gigavac.com/products/relays/kilovac/index.htm
http://www.gigavac.com/products/relays/jennings/index.htm

Gigavac GH1      3.5 A @ 2.5 MHz        2 A @ 16 MHz        1.5 A @ 32 MHz
Kilovac HC1        14 A @ 2.5 MHz         9 A @ 16 MHz         7 A @ 32 MHz
Jennings RJ1A    14 A @ 2.5 MHz         9 A @ 16 MHz         7 A @ 32 MHz

My experience was that at one time the Kilovac relays, although manufactured
under license to Jennings were not very reliable compared to the
Jennings relays
and there was a high percentage of infant mortality.

But then the Kilovac HC1 relay was redesigned and is now much better that the
Jennings RJ1A.

--John  W0UN