Re: [Amps] (no subject)

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <amps@contesting.com>,<rburtonre@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] (no subject)
From: "David Cutter" <d.cutter@ntlworld.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 18:22:18 +0100
>From a British Standard point of view, there is only one reason for having
fuses in the supply lines to an equipment : to prevent fire and shock
hazards as a consequence of shorts in the cord or inside the equipment.  The
fuse is not (as far as BS is concerned) to protect the equipment.  Which is
why we have a 13A 240V fused wall plug over here for 'portable' appliances.

David
G3UNA