[Amps] 200 Watt Fast Relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] 200 Watt Fast Relay
From: "Phil & Debbie Salas" <dpsalas@tx.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 12:01:30 -0500
"The maximum current ratings are 2A @30V DC and drops to 0.6A at 120V AC
60Hz and
120V DC.  It is not a 3.5A contact.. .The DS2 relays when used within their
ratings had life
expectancies in excess of 20 million (where we stopped testing).  We did
tests at up to 5A for the relays and provided we did cold switching or
switching with currents (not RF) in the hundreds on mA."

My mistake - the contacts are rated at 3-amps carrying current (2 amps max
switching current, 125VA).  For QSK applications, I cold-switch the relays.
The 3.5 amps came from the RF current needed for 600 watts at 50 ohms.  I
paralleled the two sets of contacts to be able to handle this, as well as
about a 5-amp worst case current requirement at 2:1 SWR for the ALS-600.

Phil - AD5X