Re: [Amps] wanted suitable blower for 8877 tube

To: "Mike, K6BR" <noddy1211@sbcglobal.net>,"'Fern Rivard'" <crc@cyberlink.bc.ca>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] wanted suitable blower for 8877 tube
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2007 22:20:47 -0400
> How about using the Fan from the Ameritron AL-1500, I
> think you can buy it
> online from Ameritron, It works well and is pretty quiet
> if you drop a
> resister in line and slow it down a bit.  I think the part
> is
> Number is 410-3737.

That blower is already at the minimum possible size with
full line voltage for ICAS duty at 1500w output CW or SSB.
If you add a resistor to "slow it down", you will not make
safe airflow under almost any duty cycle.

http://www.ebmpapst.us/allpdfs/G2E085.PDF

For heavy duty cycle applications Ameritron recommends the
larger capacitor run blower, but no one ever likes it. The
extra 20dB noise stops people from using it.

When initially released the larger blower was used but about
2/3 of the amps were returned  because of noise, so the
slower G2E085 was substituted.

By the way, after trying dozens of blowers the EBM G2 series
was the quietest blower for a given airflow. The impeller
hub is actually the rotor of the motor.

73 Tom