Re: [Amps] Load Pulling

To: "bumerang boom" <bumerang.boom@yahoo.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Load Pulling
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 10:26:13 -0400
> My apologies... I misses the "V" after the 70 so the
> output of the amp/generator is a 70V pulse with a
> width of 20nS every 480nS. This means that the period
> is 500nS and a duty cycle around of 0.6%.

Good luck on adjusting things while watching a thermometer.
I can't imagine doing that.
It would be far simpler and more accurate with a pulse to
build a detector. You are not trying to measure average
power, you are trying to measure maximum energy transfer.
There is a big difference.

If you match for maximum peak voltage across the load you
have the optimum loadline for the source.

The problem is you don't have RF or at least I didn't see
where you say anything about RF. You have a "50 kHz
fundamental pulse" every 480 nS.  No way to tune that with a
tuner. Or is that a .00002 second burst of RF at some
frequency? Is it a very square waveform with lots of odd
harmonics??

73 Tom