Re: [Amps] Load Pulling

To: rgroh@swbell.net, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Load Pulling
From: bumerang boom <bumerang.boom@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 08:44:22 -0700 (PDT)
Thank you Bob :) I kind'a guessed that the regular
measuring instruments will not be of much help here.
And you are right about the output stages changing
impedance function of the harmonical content of the
pulse. However, just for starters, I am focusing on
the fundamental now. If I have that, I could use it
as a starting point for all harmonic analysis later.
A fast look on a spectrum analyzer with a 50OHM load
shows strong harmonics ( -10dBm under the fundamental)
up to 30MHz. The picture on the screen looks almost
rectangular and filled with harmonics. I do not know
where this unit was used as there are absolutely no
markings on it but I only can guess it is part of a
jammer or an over the horizon radar.
I was wondering if I could use it, as the mechanical
construction is quite exquisite :)
FFT and Wavelets show a rich harmonical content and
what is strange some mixing elements that I can
attribute only to pulse harmonic intermodulation in
the output stage.

I should probably sit down and painstakingly make its
schematic.

Thank you for your input
N2NNU