Re: [Amps] switching power supply for tube amplifier

To: "Amps Amps" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] switching power supply for tube amplifier
From: "Roger" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 19:56:25 -0400

>I don't believe in transistors, they are so easy to fry.
> having tube you see that it gets orange, you say oops, turn the amp off,
> fix

My finals are External anode (ceramic/metal) If they start to glow I'm in
expensive and deep "doggie do"<:-))

> the problem (or even replace some $20-50 tube) and continue...
> in case of solid state - you have no time to say oops and there is nothing
> to get orange :)

Today you can get a pair of transistors that will conservatively run the
legal limit out with about 100 volts on them. With the proper protection
circuitry they stand up quite well.

73

Roger (K8RI)