Re: [Amps] New SB-200 owner

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] New SB-200 owner
From: Steve Thompson <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 16:07:32 +0100

jeremy-ca wrote:

>> I'm sorry if we ended up at cross purposes. I was talking about 2 tone
>> measurements - just like when I was designing mil gear.
>>
>> Steve
>

> In that case I suggest that you recheck your measurement calibration as
> Eimac references to a single tone which gives an inflated result.
> Please read Toms posting from this morning, it explains in detail.

There were no problems with the measurements, and I'm familiar with what
Tom was saying. I've not seen any figures from Eimac giving IMD for
4CX250s - the data sheet I referenced was from STC, who made tubes in
England. There's a copy at www.g8wrb.org At least two of the amplifiers
I remember used STC tubes. I honestly don't know what brand was in the
third, but there were Eimac ones around in our group at the time. All
the amps gave similar numbers, one tested in at least three different
labs over a long period.

Steve