Re: [Amps] How about a Solid State MARS amp

To: amps@contesting.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] How about a Solid State MARS amp
From: kg7hf@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 17:18:55 +0000
Why not just use an ALS500 from Ameritron?  It should be fairly easy to retune
to MARS.  I would even suspect that it could be used without rework at all.  My
guess is there is no input band filtering, and it's likely the output filter is
simply a high pass filter for each band.  Since it probably has good 2nd order
suppression, only 3rd order would  be the requirement for the cutoff, that is
why many band selection switches include two or three bands on them at the same
time.  Am I off base here or ?  There are lots of solid state amps and plans
out there of sound design which are being used day in and day out.  Tokyo
Hipower just to name one other vendor.

73s,
Paul