Re: [Amps] Bird 1KW+ Load Resistor

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Bird 1KW+ Load Resistor
From: Per Molund <pmolund@online.no>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2007 15:59:33 +0100
I have found only one manufacturer of  non-inductive tubular
resistors today; Kanthal Globar. Check out
http://www.globar.com/ec/tubular.php.html , however these are expensive items.

You could also check Surplus Sales of Nebraska at
http://www.surplussales.com/Resistors/NonInductive/Res-NonInd_list.htm
and look for Type C Non-Inductive Resistors. You could be lucky and
find a way to use any of these resistors.

I have a few Bird 8329 (30 dB - 2 kW attenuators) with broken main
resistor sitting on the shelf awaiting repair. The sub resistors in
the items are labeled by Welwyn, however the main resistors are not
marked (or the markings are burned off). I do not think Welwyn make
tubular non-inductive resistors any more. Support staff at Bird does
not want to give away any information about or supply these
resistors, they only tell us to return the RF Section Assebly for
service so I don't expect You getting any information from Bird.

regards,

Per
LA9XKA