Re: [Amps] Winding large inductors

To: "Dan Hearn" <dhearn@air-pipe.com>,"Dennis Ashworth" <K7FL@arrl.net>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Winding large inductors
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:50:13 -0500
If you use soft copper tubing as used in refrigirator ice makers snd isnt
necessary. Wind the coil on a round form a bit smaller than the desired end
result. Clamp one end in a vise inorder to have tension. When finished let
it expand to where it wants.

Then cut 3 lengths 1/4" polystyrene flat stock and notch at the desired
spacing. Do one at a time and notch for the pitch used. Insert in the inside
of the coil and epoxy in place. If the coil is going to be subject to a lot
of heat then use a different material such as fiberglass.

Carl
KM1H