Re: [Amps] mounting (UHF) RF powermodules

To: <pc5m@xs4all.nl>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] mounting (UHF) RF powermodules
From: "pfizenmayer" <pfizenmayer@qwest.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2008 08:44:56 -0700
Forgot to mention , If you cannot find the EB's I can scan them out of an
old MOT data book DL110.

Carel , If this module is a ceramic substrate or even a soft substarte with
smll ceramic carriers , on a copper slab or some other sort of slab of
powdered metal -  Google Motorola Engineering Bulletins EB8 and EB107. EB8
addresses MOT UHF power modules  , EB107 has a lot of info on that type
mounting on heatsinks . Bottom line is make sure the surface is FLAT and
will stay so over temp and don't constrain the ends - use Belleville or some
sort of conical washers to keep pressure but don't keep it from being able
to move with thermal expansion.

(I co-wrote the EB107 and EB8 years ago !)

73 de Hank K7HP