Re: [Amps] mounting (UHF) RF powermodules

To: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@eltac.co.uk>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] mounting (UHF) RF powermodules
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 08:41:49 -0400
Several years ago one of the commercial customers on my tower was having
steady failures with a new UHF amp. After the 3rd set of finals he asked me
if I had any ideas.

The heatsink was about 17" x 12" and you see where this is leading. He
removed it and I could see even by eye that it wasnt straight.

Down it went to my local machine shop who was doing the work on my race
motors for over 20 years and up onto the head milling machine. I wanted an
almost mirror finish so he made 4 passes. If I remember he took off almost
.100"

Put the amp back in service ands its been steady ever since.

Carl
KM1H