Re: [Amps] Painting xfmrs

To: "Jeff Carter" <amps@hidden-valley.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Painting xfmrs
From: "EP Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 16:25:53 -0400
Hi Jeff,

I believe the Bill Orr series of Radio Handbooks espoused painting filament
transformers that were to be located INSIDE THE AMPLIFIER ENCLOSURE a flat
white...this was to reduce some ill-effect(s) from the close proximity of
the unit to strong RF fields (the exact reason escapes me just now).

Other than that, why not re-paint them...?!

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ