Re: [Amps] How to safely clean an amplifier?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to safely clean an amplifier?
From: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 14:26:19 -0500
Don't I recall hearing as a kid that Henry Radio cleaned Collins S-Lines by
putting them in a bath tub and taking the hose to them?  I guess it would
depend on how the amp is built and what it will withstand in the way of
water and pressure.  Certainly with caution and high quality components, I
would think this could be an option.  I imagine it would be important to dry
it quickly with some amount of heat and/or forced air.

I would not hesitate to do this to some of the boat anchors in my barn.  But
not others :)

Mark, N5OT