Re: [Amps] How to safely clean an amplifier?

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to safely clean an amplifier?
From: "jeremy-ca" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 17:35:44 -0400
Ive used the hose more than once to clean an amp or old radio.

Remove meters and any transformers that arent sealed. Then brush down with
Simple Green and wash off with the hose. Repeat as necessary.

Then wash down again with distilled water to remove any minerals in the hose
water. You dont want any extra/new conductive paths.

Blow as dry as possible with a compressor or shop vac and then bake in the
sun or an oven to remove all traces of water.

Be quick with the Simple Green and hose water so it doesnt attack the
aluminum.

Carl
KM1H