Re: [Amps] How to safely clean an amplifier?

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] How to safely clean an amplifier?
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <sub1@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2008 21:20:31 -0400
Alex wrote:
> You can get the reader at:
> www.djvu.org/
> it's a highly compressive file technique , used by BAMA and the Russian
> sites quite a lot.
> Alex  4Z5KS

Be very careful with "Simple Green". Make certain you have one of the
versions without Ammonia in it.  Simple Green cost me several thousand
dollars when I used it to clean the landing gear doors on an airplane.
I couldn't get all of it out from between layers of Aluminum. That stuff
had to be *flushed* with lots of running water.   The doors are a
sandwich spot welded together for strength and  ended up with some
pretty bad corrosion.  The old Simple Green definately was not a gentle,
or a mild cleaner like some dish washing detergents.  Even there you
have to be careful as they often change formulations.  There is a new
version of Simple Green that is non corrosive and designed to work with
Aluminum.

73

Roger (K8RI - ARRL Life Member)
www.rogerhalstead.com