[Amps] Going price for new 8875's?

To: AMPS submit <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Going price for new 8875's?
From: Michael Dinkelman <mwdink@eskimo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 07:49:23 -0700
During the IARU, my MLA-2500 finally toasted itself. Haven't
figured out the problem yet but I suspect the tubes (blows
fuse with any drive, plate voltage looks good).

That led me to thinking about the new 8875's I have in the
closet. They've been sitting there for about 5 years waiting
for this possible eventuality (I only use the amp a couple
times a year).

I was freaked when I found them at the local fleamarket -
they are very shiny (steel, not aluminum) with engraved
serial numbers and still in the box. Date code 7819. However,
maybe it would be wiser to sell them and put the proceeds to
a newer type amp?

This isn't an offer to sell. In my internet search I've seen
(what I consider) crazy prices for pulls and used tubes where
the condition is described as "good". I am just at a fork in
the road and curious as to what the going price is for
new 8875's?

73
dink, n7wa