Re: [Amps] Help with ARRL handbook design 4CX1000A 2m PA

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Help with ARRL handbook design 4CX1000A 2m PA
From: "Pete Lindsay" <psl@plcg.org>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 09:27:31 +0100
Paul,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I think you are correct, it is not a problem
with the design but my specific amp, but how to find it?! I can drive
the plate current to 800mA with about 10-15w of drive, which agrees
with the expected figures in the design. Even at at 800mA the output
power is only about 700W. I guess your amp worked first time and
didn't need any tweaks or changes from the original design as
published? What control grid current did you run at, the published
design does not mention a figure for that, should it be close to zero?

Pete