Re: [Amps] SB-220 saga continues

To: "'Carl'" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>, <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 saga continues
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:24:10 -0500

> Most xcvrs havent used a relay in decades.

Nearly all of the current crop of transceivers (including
FT-9000, FT-2000, IC-756ProIII, IC-746Pro, TS-2000, TS-870,
TS-570, etc.) still include an optional relay output.
However, they are generally reed or small signal relays
and are not rated for more than 50 Volts and 15 or 20 mA.

The kinds of voltages (AC, DC+ and DC-) and current levels
in the older "high voltage" amplifiers will quickly damage
the contacts in the current crop of transceivers.