Re: [Amps] SB-220 saga continues

To: amps@contesting.com, YCCC <yccc@yccc.org>
Subject: Re: [Amps] SB-220 saga continues
From: "Alfred Frugoli" <alfred.frugoli@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Nov 2008 12:16:54 -0500
Thanks for all the replies.

The amp is definetly keyed whenever it is on.  I missed hearing the t/r
relay engage because of the noise of the on/off switch clicking.  Whenever
the amp is on there is plate current also - confirming the suspicion.  I was
thinking that I would need to recalabrate the amp meter when I had the
amplifier apart again - but obviously it's working just fine, hi hi.

I have an Ameretron buffer between the amp and the ts-940 that drives it.
When i disconnect the relay cable between the buffer and the amp it unkeys,
so my project this afternoon is to take a look at the arb-704 and see what's
going on there.  The xmit light goes on/off appropriately when the rig is
keyed, but obviously it's always keyeing the amp.  As soon as the center of
the rca connector on the relay cable touches the contact, the relay closes,
so somehow I've got a path to ground all the time in the buffer.

Thanks to all for the trouble shooting assistance.

73 de Al, KE1FO

-----
Visit my amateur radio contesting blog at ke1fo.wordpress.com.