[Amps] switchable zener cathode bias

To: <amps@contesting.com>, <rfamplifiers@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [Amps] switchable zener cathode bias
From: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 09:53:14 -0700
Considering the common zener bias circuit (with the 2n3055 and resistor), what
precautions should be taken if I wanted two different zeners (and associated
bias voltages) selected by a switch or relay?   Is there a danger in the moment
when the switch/relay throw is transferrring from one pole to the other and
neither zener is in the circuit?   Likewise, if I used a make-before-break
setup, can the two zeners be in parallel for a moment without causing trouble?

Thanks,
Steve KK7UV